Friday, January 23, 2009

Answer to Jenny's Question...

Jenny,

I started to write you back in the little comment box, but I ended up writing too much. So I thought I would dedicate a blog post to your question. Here is what Jenny asked me:

Are your walls covered in your photography??

I WISH I had all my picture on the walls. I print my favorite ones out, but I really do not have a lot of frames. So they sit in an archival album awaiting the day to see the sun again. It is pretty sad.

Another reason why they are not on my wall is because we are renting our house here in Germany. And for those who have lived here know about the two feet concrete walls. What ever happened to the good ole days when we could hammer a small nail into the wall to hang up a freakin' picture?

Not now! "Babe, get the hammer drill, a screw and the screw bit.. and make sure the screw bit fits the screw..." (The screw bit is that little plastic case so the screw does not slide out of the wall.) Not to mention that you need goggles to protect your eyes from all the flying concrete when you drill!

We hung a lot of frames in our last house here in Germany. Oh man! Once we took things off the walls, they looked horrible. Like I used a machine gun to make the holes. (especially when I did not measure and had to redo the hole 3-4 times.) oops!

No thank you, I am waiting to move back to Texas to hang my stuff!!!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yes, hanging things around here is a nightmare. I have a beautiful mirror for my room that is still sitting on the floor in the nursery. I tried to hang it once, and I even used an anchor (that's what I've always called the plastic thingy) but it still fell down. I guess I should just be happy it didn't break? Anyway, I guess I will soon have to find a new home for it...it can't stay in the nursery...

kms handmade said...

That was funny! I'm totally with you on the not measuring (correctly) and having 3 or 4 holes! Hahahahahahaha!

Corinnea said...

Two words. Cement nails. Love them. They too leave larger holes but I like my stuff hung!

Leslie Cervantez Photography said...

I will have to look into those. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until you are back in Texas! I will help you hang some myself. The kiddos are BEAUTIFUL!! Your work is amazing, too. I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until you are back in Texas! I will help you hang some myself. The kiddos are BEAUTIFUL!! Your work is amazing, too. I miss you guys!

Leslie Cervantez Photography said...

We miss you too! Don't worry you will be one of the first ones to know when we move home.