Friday, December 26, 2008

Cookies for Christmas




This was the first time we made cookies from scratch. And it was harder than I thought. We ended up spending hours in the kitchen, and making a huge mess. I think we threw away two batches of batter because we did not follow directions. And we threw away one batch of cookies because the batter was not mixed right. When I pulled that batch out of the oven, it did not have that sweet cookie smell. But it did smell like baked flour. Yummy!?!

After almost half a day, we found a groove and stuck with it. We ended up decorating the cookies around 11:30 at night. Which is a shame because we started the entire process around 1:00 in the afternoon. Talk about exhausting. Betty Crocker and Pillsbury, I do not take you for granted anymore. I will gladly pay for a tube of cookie mix.

One on my favorite parts was when the boys softened the butter for us. That was funny. (See above image.) We did not have to wait too long for that! Also, another cute thing in the picture is in the last photo. You can see "S" eating his cookies. He decorated about 6 cookies, but only gave 2 back.

1 comment:

kms handmade said...

How fun! This was my first year to make Christmas cookies too! :P