Monday, April 20, 2009

Letting go and moving on - Part II

Hello again bloggers! I wanted to talk a little about the pDNA questionaire that comes with the book, Fast Track Photographer. "It is designed to help you discover who you are. As a professional photographer, that is. The goal is to get a snapshot of the qualities you currently possess that will most likely shape your path as a pro. The results will give you a kind of “photographer personality profile.” This should clarify your starting point (or restarting point) in the business and give your future potential a major energy boost. When coupled with the Fast Track Photographer System, the results will be amplified exponentially. But it all begins here." - Dane Sanders

My results were as follows:

EXPERIENCE: The degree of experience you have with photography.
High
I did not think I would score high on this. There are SO many things that I still want and need to learn! I hope it does not mean that I THINK I know more than I actually do. Yikes, that would be bad!!!

SELF-STARTER: The degree to which you start things on your own.
High
I want to start my career as a Signature Photographer. There are so many possibilities about how I want to present my style and look. It is so exciting!!! The wheels in my head are turning.

PROGRAM-STARTER: The degree to which your motivation to start things is derived from a program (i.e. any kind of structured learning framework outside yourself).
Medium
I need to work on this one, and I agree with the results. I need to establish my own rules!

CONFIDENCE: The degree to which you feel confident as a photographer.
High
I feel that my confidence comes from knowing that I am in the right field. Photography fits me. I know that this is what I am meant to do, and my interest and learning keeps growing because of it.

RISK TOLERANCE: The degree to which you feel comfortable taking risks.
High
Uuuhh, you think so? I am pretty much throwing all my eggs into one basket with this move to start my career in the States. Keep me in your prayers!!!

NEED FOR CONTROL: The degree to which you need control to feel strong as a photographer.
Low
Wow, I guess I need to be careful with this one. I do trust people very easily, but that is not something I want to loose. I just have to be careful with this one. Like the results said, take my time with partnering up with people or things.

SELF-DISCIPLINE: The degree to which you can routinely get work done on your own as opposed to needing other people and structures to help you be productive.
Medium

ARTISTIC ID: The degree to which you find your core identity as a photographer in your artistic expression.
High
Mr. Bill, I think you will be proud of me for this one!

ENTREPRENEURIAL ID: The degree to which you find your core identity as a photographer in your success as a business-person.
Medium
I am open to this, it is something that really interests me. I would love to come up with creative ways to sell, but I think I have a long way to go before that.

ATTRACTIVENESS: The degree to which your personality, physical presence, charisma, social skills and confidence draw others to yourself.
High
YEAH!!! :D

GRUMPY FACTOR: The degree to which you measure your success relative to how others are doing (e.g., if others are flourishing, you feel as if you’re failing. If others are struggling, you feel as if you’re gaining ground).
Low
Whew! Nobody wants to find out that they are grumpy. Well, at least I don't. That would make me grumpy... just kidding!

COLLABORATIVE CREATIVITY: The degree to which you get your creativity from being with people.
High

INDIVIDUAL CREATIVITY: The degree to which you get your creativity from being alone.
Medium
I do need more practice with this. I need to start venturing out on my own and try new things. Spark new ideas and try them out.

SELF-PROMOTION: The degree to which you feel comfortable promoting your brand (yourself) and actively seeking new business.
High
OK, Let's see if this result pays off!!! I've got high hopes, I've got high hopes, I've got high apple pie in the sky hopes... :)

2 comments:

Dane Sanders said...

I'm so proud of you Leslie. You are a courageous person!

Leslie Cervantez Photography said...

Dane, Thank you so much. There are so many things that I am thankful for, and people are one of them. I am ALWAYS amazed at how well God has planned my life. He places the right people in my life when I need them... or when they need me. You, and your book, are just another example of this wonderful gift. It has been nice keeping in touch with you. Thank you for what you do!