Monday, June 9, 2008

First Communion



I love this picture of K. We were standing outside the church after our First Communion ceremony and here was this big blue eyed darling standing next to me. I had to take her picture. The stare in her eyes send out such a peaceful feeling. I like the contrast in her attire and her hair. Her veil and dress are simply elegant yet her hair does not match the occasion. However, her eyes draw you into the image and all you can see is her sweet face. I think this image is symbolic of the day, because receiving communion is not about what you wear or how you look. It is about a personal and physical connection with Jesus. And this portrait recreates a similar connection that draws you to her.

What a big day it is to receive first communion! Congratulations K, I am glad I was there to capture this special time. Remember this day and what it means as you continue your life with Jesus.

No comments: